Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Newest Flowers

I wanted a cute flowering plant on my kitchen counter.  I previously had a nice green plant but it was kind of blah.  I fell in love with this Dahlia as the flower was stunning. 
 
 
I saw the buds and thought this was the one.  Unfortunately it must not have gotten enough sunlight and none of the other buds bloomed.  I put it outside in partial sun under a butterfly bush hoping it would be happier.  A heavy rainstorm came in and the plant looks rough.  I will keep an eye on it.
 
In the meantime I had been shopping and saw a pretty Gerber Daisy.  I love them and had just given my mom a pink one for Mother's Day.  I decided to get a red one. 

So far it is happy.  I hope it thrives inside as I like that pop of red against the black granite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your positive comments!