Sunday, September 28, 2014

Garden Photos

I recently bough a home and the garden was in need of some tender loving care.  The last owner dug up most of the plants which left me with bare spots.  The positive thing about it was I get to have a clean slate to make the garden my own.

Our gardens are in between the houses so think more long and narrow.  Here is a before picture.






I added shrubs, flowers and my favorite, butterfly bushes.  I also added some planters to break up the expanse of the walls.  I think it looks much better.







I love how colorful and happy it feels in the garden now.  Since I don't have much of a yard, I want to make the little I do have a peaceful oasis.  So far I think I am off to a pretty good start.  I am also getting a lot of hummingbirds, bees and butterflies especially around the butterfly bushes, so I am making them happy too!

Tips: I got the large planter pots at Old Time Pottery which is more of a warehouse store.  That saved alot of money since I was getting the bigger size.  I got the soil at Walmart to keep cost down.  Walmart also had the braided hibiscus I put in the middle of the planters.  I went to home depot for the butterfly bushes and shrubs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your positive comments!